To start the application process please complete our Admission Form or, if you have questions about the program, send the LEGENDS staff a message on our Contact Page. For information regarding the program see the tabs below.
All services provided by LEGENDS take place in a structured residential setting that encourages individuals to make positive changes that will lead to a chemical-free way of life. Our program is designed to engage the customer, confront their addiction, and make decisions to enter the recovery process.
The goal of the LEGENDS program is:
- To identify each client's level of care.
- To begin the learning process of functioning without mood or mind altering chemicals.
- To introduce the treatment process and assist each client in the recovery process.
- To assist each individual and his family in understanding the disease of addiction, the impact it has on all involved, and to explain the options available for continuing care.
- To help each individual understand that the recovery process relies entirely upon oneself, individually and their desire to recover.
Our team of professionals work to assist each client in developing and implementing a treatment plan which will focus on each person's individual needs. A variety of services are offered to assist each individual:
- Group Counseling
- Educational Groups
- Individual Assessments
- Twelve-Step Recovery Groups
Services provided by this program are funded in part by the Bureau for Behavioral Health and Health Facilities and SAPT Block Grant Funds.
LEGENDS is a 28 day treatment facility. There will be NO early graduations or leaves granted. If you leave for any reason it will be considered self termination of treatment. All residents of LEGENDS are expected to adhere to the policies and procedures of Southern Highlands Community Mental Health Center.
Admission into LEGENDS harbors certain restrictions pertinent to your recovery and provides the opportunity for residents to earn telephone privileges after 7 days of residency, however, THIS PRIVILEGES IS NOT GUARANTEED. No visitation, with the exception of legal representation, is permitted and no passes into the community will be granted. The IDT team will determine whether privileges should or should not be granted on a case-by-case basis based on your progress.
The above are highlights of the policies implemented by the LEGENDS program. They are presented to you here to give a generalized understanding of the expectations of the program, however, this outline is in no way all-inclusive. Any further questions about the program should directed to the LEGENDS Coordinator at (304)425-9489.
LEGENDS furnishes certain items during residency. If admitted, however, there are certain things that you will be expected to provide for yourself. The list below provides a general overview of those items provided by LEGENDS, those items the resident will need to provide and those items which are prohibited. This list is not all-inclusive.
Furnished by LEGENDS:
- Laundry detergent and supplies
- Iron and ironing board
- All hygiene items
- Towels and wash cloths
- Bed Linens
- Alarm clock/Radio
- Writing supplies
Furnished by Resident:
- 5 days of clothing
- No more than 3 pairs of shoes
- Calling card
- Proof of identification
- Shower shoes
- Change for the soda machine (optional)
- CD Player (optional)
- Family photos (optional)
- Stamps and envelopes (optional)
- Tobacco products (optional; you may bring a 2 week supply of tobacco products at admission)
- Cellular phones
- Ink pens
- Weapons of any kind
- Unlabeled medications
- Any product containing alcohol
- Any product in an aerosol can
- Candles and/or incense
- Personal vehicles
- Any device requiring a charger
- Graphic or offensive pictures
- Head bands or other gang related attire
- Any clothing that depicts substance abuse or offensive writing